Teamlead/ Head of Genetic Diagnostic / Genotyping (m/f/d)
Welcome to CENTOGENE!
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 400 individuals from 50 different countries at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, as well as our offices in Berlin, Belgrade, and laboratory facilities in Cambridge, MA. Our employees are medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more – and are all passionate about supporting our company vision : A world healed of all rare and neurodegenerative diseases.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we’d love to hear from you!
Your tasks will be:
- Manage and supervise the diagnostic services within the genotyping department
- Manage and supervise the genotyping team, ensuring efficient and high-quality work
- Maintain and enhance relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the development of new genotyping services and applications+
- Stay current with developments in genotyping technology and ensure the department is equipped with the latest tools and techniques
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations, guidelines and quality standards (e.g. ISO15189, GCLP)
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- PhD in Medicine or Biology with a focus on genotyping
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in diagnostic and research genotyping
- First leadership experience, ideally in an international environment
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement effective genotyping techniques
- In-depth knowledge of current genotyping techniques (Sanger sequencing, MLPA Chromosomal Microarray), knowledge in next-generation sequencing (NGS) is a plus
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills
If you are a highly motivated individual with a passion for genotyping and a track record of success in a similar role, we would love to hear from you!
Those advantages are waiting for you at CENTOGENE:
- Talents are individually supported by internal and external trainings (Coursera)
- An international career in a multicultural environment
- Regular company events form us as one team
- In house yoga classes, back exercises and a fitness area are available for free
- Bike leasing or job tickets allow an environmentally friendly and reasonable travel to work
- In case of language barriers we offer German and English classes to help you get going
- Precaution and financial protection guaranteed by company pension scheme
Applications from severely disabled people with appropriate suitability are explicitly welcome. Severely disabled applicants and equivalent status are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Scope of activitiesResearch and development
LocationAm Strande 7, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Employment typeFull time
For those who embark on a career with CENTOGENE, they’ll enjoy an exciting, dynamic, entrepreneurial and extremely fast-paced environment. Working alongside dedicated colleagues, CENTOGENE employees enjoy other benefits including upskilling from a dedicated training department, yoga classes, company-sponsored bicycle leasing, German language classes, and new state-of-the-art premises conveniently located featuring roof terraces and an in-house fitness center. For employees new to Rostock we’ll also support on finding local housing.
Who we are
CENTOGENE is a rare disease company focused on transforming clinical, genetic, and biochemical data into medical solutions for patients. We are focused on bringing rationality to treatment decisions and accelerating the development of new orphan drugs by using our knowledge of the global rare disease market, including its epidemiological and clinical heterogeneity and our innovative biomarkers.
As one of the largest rare disease companies worldwide, CENTOGENE is dedicated to transforming the science of genetic information into solutions and hope for patients with rare diseases and their families.