Medical Technical Assistant Product & Method Development (m/f/d)
Welcome at CENTOGENE!
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 400 individuals from 50 different countries at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, as well as our offices in Berlin, Belgrade, and laboratory facilities in Cambridge, MA. Our employees are medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more – and are all passionate about supporting our company vision : A world healed of all rare and neurodegenerative diseases.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we’d love to hear from you!
Your tasks and responsibilities:
- Independent and autonomous performance of molecular genetic analyzes (PCR, qPCR, Sanger, Fragment Length Analysis, NGS sequencing including usage of latest technologies)
- Performing of laboratory test aiming the development of new products and methods
- Support the compiling of the documentation for the validation of new products and methods
- Technical validation of the received data as well as documentation in LIMS
- Laboratory organization according to international quality standards (ISO/ CAP/CLIA)
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- Successfully completed training as BTA / MTA / CTA or BA in Biology
- Professional experience in molecular biology or biochemical laboratory is advantageous
- Hands on experiences in working with DNA and genetic testing
- An accurate, structured, and reliable working style is required
- Good theoretical knowledge in molecular genetics is a plus
- Communication in English is required, German is desirable
- Fit in MS Office
Those advantages are waiting for you at CENTOGENE:
- Talents are individually supported by internal and external trainings
- An international career in a multicultural environment
- Regular company events form us as one team
- In house yoga classes, back exercises and a fitness area are available for free
- Bike leasing or job tickets allow an environmentally friendly and reasonable travel to work
- In case of language barriers we offer German and English classes as well as relocation support to help you get going
- Precaution and financial protection guaranteed by company pension scheme
Career levelYoung professional
LocationAm Strande 7, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Employment typeFull time
For those who embark on a career with CENTOGENE, they’ll enjoy an exciting, dynamic, entrepreneurial and extremely fast-paced environment. Working alongside dedicated colleagues, CENTOGENE employees enjoy other benefits including upskilling from a dedicated training department, yoga classes, company-sponsored bicycle leasing, German language classes, and new state-of-the-art premises conveniently located featuring roof terraces and an in-house fitness center. For employees new to Rostock we’ll also support on finding local housing.
Who we are
CENTOGENE is a rare disease company focused on transforming clinical, genetic, and biochemical data into medical solutions for patients. We are focused on bringing rationality to treatment decisions and accelerating the development of new orphan drugs by using our knowledge of the global rare disease market, including its epidemiological and clinical heterogeneity and our innovative biomarkers.
As one of the largest rare disease companies worldwide, CENTOGENE is dedicated to transforming the science of genetic information into solutions and hope for patients with rare diseases and their families.