Python Developer (m/f/d) in Rostock, Berlin, Belgrade or Remote
Welcome to CENTOGENE!
How do we do this? By bringing together more than 400 individuals from 50 different countries at our HQ in Rostock, Germany, as well as our offices in Berlin, Belgrade, and laboratory facilities in Cambridge, MA. Our employees are medical experts, scientists, IT professionals, bioinformaticians, technicians, researchers, project managers, and many more – and are all passionate about supporting our company vision : A world healed of all rare and neurodegenerative diseases.
Does this sound like you? If it does, we’d love to hear from you!
Your tasks will be:
We are looking for python developer to join in the R & D bioinformatics team. You will be responsible for developing new pipelines and improving current algorithms.
- Guiding the development of diagnostic tools and applications
- Implementing new and improving existing features in our software stack
- Monitor automated data processing pipelines
- Coordinate and plan new diagnostic methods with stakeholders, medical experts, and the diagnostics team
- Ensuring a high quality of the developed software and the corresponding documentation
You have the following skills and qualifications:
- At least 5+ years’ experience working with Python and SQL, preferably with background in Biology, Medicine, or Genetics. NGS knowledge is a plus
- Experience with python packages: Numpy, Pandas, sqlalchemy, Pydantic, FastAPI, Django and Flask.
- Deep understanding of Python-application structure and organization
- Experienced with software architecture
- Experience with CI/CD Tools and command line (Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, Git)
- Must have experience with scalable cloud environments (AWS preferred).
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, combined with good team spirit
- Ability to set priorities, meet timelines and company objectives
Those advantages are waiting for you at CENTOGENE:
- Talents are individually supported by internal and external trainings (Coursera)
- An international career in a multicultural environment
- Regular company events form us as one team
- In house yoga classes, back exercises and a fitness area are available for free
- Bike leasing or job tickets allow an environmentally friendly and reasonable travel to work
- In case of language barriers we offer German and English classes to help you get going
- Precaution and financial protection guaranteed by company pension scheme
Applications from severely disabled people with appropriate suitability are explicitly welcome. Severely disabled applicants and equivalent status are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Scope of activitiesIT and software development
LocationsAlboinstraße 42, 12103 Berlin, Germany
Am Strande 7, 18055 Rostock, Germany
Kneza Mihaila 1-3, 1000 Beograd, Serbia
Employment typeFull time
For those who embark on a career with CENTOGENE, they’ll enjoy an exciting, dynamic, entrepreneurial and extremely fast-paced environment. Working alongside dedicated colleagues, CENTOGENE employees enjoy other benefits including upskilling from a dedicated training department, yoga classes, company-sponsored bicycle leasing, German language classes, and new state-of-the-art premises conveniently located featuring roof terraces and an in-house fitness center. For employees new to Rostock we’ll also support on finding local housing.
Who we are
CENTOGENE is a rare disease company focused on transforming clinical, genetic, and biochemical data into medical solutions for patients. We are focused on bringing rationality to treatment decisions and accelerating the development of new orphan drugs by using our knowledge of the global rare disease market, including its epidemiological and clinical heterogeneity and our innovative biomarkers.
As one of the largest rare disease companies worldwide, CENTOGENE is dedicated to transforming the science of genetic information into solutions and hope for patients with rare diseases and their families.